Colonnade Club members may reserve space in Pavilion VII and Hotel E for personal or University-related events. Non-members may reserve space only with the sponsorship of a current Club member. Regular reservations for guestrooms, meeting space, or reception space may be made six months in advance to the month. Rehearsal dinners and other special events may be made one year in advance to the month, but special pricing and cancellation policies may apply. Wedding receptions may be made up to 18 months in advance. Please refer to the cancellation policies below.
The cancellation policy for Pavilion VII and Hotel E space reservations is three weeks prior to the date of the event. The cancellation fee will be 50% of the total reservation cost if this policy is not followed. Reservations that are not honored or cancelled will be considered no-show and the host will be charged the full amount of the reservation.
Wedding-related events cancelled 6 months prior to the event will be refunded the rental deposit. If the event is cancelled 6 months to 90 days prior to the event, 50% of the rental deposit will be refunded. If the event is cancelled 90 days prior to the event or later, the entire of the balance will be due and is non-refundable.
Rules and Regulations
When making reservations at the Colonnade Club (Pavilion VII), please be aware of the following:
- We are a bed and breakfast and often host overnight guests. Please observe appropriate noise levels while in the Club.
- All events must end promptly at 11:00 p.m.
- Space in the Club is rented as is. It is the responsibility of the host to determine the need for and secure items such as additional chairs, tables, and AV equipment.
- Special requests must be made to the club office in advance. Walk-throughs for events are strongly recommended.
- Please respect Club furniture and refrain from placing cups or other items on wood surfaces.
- Please observe the following regulations about Club furniture:
- All rearranging of furniture (chairs, cocktail tables) must be approved by a Club staff member.
- Large pieces of furniture (including the Piano in the Front Parlor and the tables in the South Parlor and Upstairs Library) may NOT be moved.
- Four drop-leaf tables in the Solarium may be used for functions; however, when in use, protective covers must be in place. If the tables are not needed, they may be moved into the adjoining hallways.
- All furniture must be returned to its original location at the conclusion of the event.
- The piano in the Front Parlor may not be moved under any circumstances. The piano is an antique and can easily go out of tune. Failure to follow this rule will result in a fine and possibly the suspension of the Club member sponsoring the event. It is the responsibility of the host to inform all parties involved in his or her event (caterers, band members, etc.) of this policy.
- We welcome student-group events. However, please note that the member sponsor is required to attend.
- The Club provides parking only to overnight guests. Walking directions from the Central Grounds parking garage to Pavilion VII and Hotel E are available at the Club office. All other parking arrangements must be made through the UVa Department of Parking and Transportation at 434.924.7231.